First of all, this theme has no connection with our OneWorld theme. HomeWorld is a Media Center theme for Windows 7. The theme is excellent and installing the theme is also very easy.
How to install:
1. Download HomeWorld Theme from here.
2. Install the HomeWorld.msi file using normal install procedure.
3. Close Media Center (If it’s running) and wait for a minute.
4. Now, right-click on the HomeWorld shortcut on your Desktop and select Run as administrator. Enter admin password if Windows asks you to do so.
5. You will see Windows Media Center Patch window. Select Create backup if the new file already exists option to create a backup of the default system file. Next, click Start button to continue.
6. Start Windows Media Center now to see a refreshed look.
In case of “Cannot replace” error, follow the below steps:
* Go to C:\Windows\ehome (Where “C” is your Windows 7 drive).
* Take the ownership of file ehres.dll to ehresOLD.dll. Please read my “How to take ownership of a file in Windows 7” & “How to replace/delete protected dll files in Windows 7” guides before starting this.
* Again, take ownership of ehres.dll.original file and rename it as ehres.dll.
* Reboot your system and then open Media Center to see the change.
The theme is around 23 MB is size and has been tested on both 32 & 64-bit Windows 7 build 7000.